Friday, March 09, 2007

The circle of (my) life...........

Seems like I'm busy doing a whole lot of nothing right now. When taking care of the baby, as soon as I finish feeding, burping, cleaning up spit-up and changing the diaper, the whole process starts all over. The main battle is figuring out what's needed when the baby starts fussing and the best way to rectify the situation in a big hurry. I think I'm getting better, but it's still a work in progress.

I got the baby to sleep around 10:30 last night and she didn't wake up until around 3:30 AM, so I think I did pretty well there. Mrs. Lime went to bed early, so she was able to get some good sleep, though I did have to shoo her off at one point when she woke up and tried to help rather than letting me take care of things and getting the sleep she needed. Motherly instinct, I suppose.

My Mizzou Tigers lost a tough game last night. Mizzou didn't shoot really well and the other team was hitting everything. That usually ends badly for the team that's not shooting well. With that said, they still won 6 more games than last year and are definitely improving. Hopefully they get a chance to play in the postseason this year as well. My mood was further hindered by the fact that my surrogate team, Maryland, also lost in the first round of their tournament. Bad basketball day for me.

Today's the last day of my first week back since having the baby. I stayed up late to take care of the baby twice this week and still feel pretty good, so that's probably a success. I hear it gets better as you go along except for the nights when the kid is sick.

Right now, Kali 0.1 thinks farting while Daddy is holding her is a very funny experience. I expect she'll think that's funny for quite awhile. Hopefully Al Gore doesn't blame my daughter for global warming anytime soon.